Thursday, December 1, 2011

Waiting Patiently for Santa



I've been waiting patiently for Santa Claus to come.
I don't know why he is so late; it's twenty-five past one.
I have done most everything I can to stay awake.
I've eaten all his cookies and I even licked the plate.
I have jiggled, bounced and rattled every gift beneath the tree.
I have peeked in all the packages and only opened three.
I have rearranged the ornaments and put them all down low,
So when the tree falls down again they won't have far to go.
I know what disappointment he will feel if I don't wait,
But I'm running out of things to do to try to stay awake.
I am guessing Santa just forgot to do my neighbourhood,
And here I have been trying "hard as nails" to be so good!
Next year when Santa gets my list I'll have to let him know,
If he expects to see me, he cannot be so slow.
I hope that he appreciates I cannot take the strain
Of waiting quite so patiently if he is late again

No comments:

Post a Comment