Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Testimony that God has given Us Eternal Life pt. 1

Rev. M.D. Rogers


God has set in place in the universe to bring
blessing, peace, and satisfaction. His perfect ways will show the
beauty of all He is and His boundless love for His creation to the
infinite glory of God. Consider all of the things we know of as
sin pain or suffering. Ultimately, a life lived in sin without the
redemption found in Jesus results in eternal death. Rejection of the
plan of salvation will result in eternal separation from God and all
the perfect plans He desires for His children. Acceptance of His
salvation results in abundant life now, and eternal life in the presence of
God.


This is the meaning of the scripture, Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.


We see that this life He offers is freedom from the oppression of sin
and death from the moment we receive Jesus as our Savior. Your
eternal life begins at that moment! Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of
life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.


But even after salvation we find ourselves committing sins. Paul
says: Romans 7:20-23 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I
who do it, but sin that dwells in me. I find then a law, that evil is
present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the
law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my
members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into
captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. What a great
description of the battle we face each day between the "law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus" and the "law of sin and death”. Notice that the law of the Spirit of life is found in
Christ Jesus. The scriptures say John 5:25-276 .Most assuredly, I say to you the hour is coming, and now is when the dead will hear the
say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear
the voice of the Son if God; and those who hear will live. For as the Father has in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself. 1John 5: 11-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment